Friday, September 2, 2011

Bret Easton Ellis Invented Obama, Too: Just as Rich, Stupid and Narcissistic as They Come

Details: Your critique of society now seems way ahead of the curve. In a way, you invented Paris Hilton and Spencer Pratt and the Kardashians.

Bret Easton Ellis: All of whom I really like a lot, except Paris. But I actually like the Kardashians. I'd like to hang out with Rob Kardashian. I think he's a nice young man. Of course, if you watch that show, you get why people want to blow us up.

Details: Who's "us"?
Bret Easton Ellis: America! But I don't care. I like the show.

Details: Years ago people could have read some of your books and said, "Oh, this is just nihilism. These people don't exist! There's nobody that rich and stupid and narcissistic!"

Bret Easton Ellis: Ha ha ha! Surprise!