Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Self-Described Slave of the NFL to Make Over $10 Million in 2011

He must be drinking the same stuff as Al Franken:

"The players are getting robbed. They are. The owners are making so much money off of us to begin with. I don't know that I want to quote myself on that.

"It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money. ... The owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey, without us, there's no football.'"

-- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, story here