Monday, January 17, 2011

What New Tone? Obama Introduced Biden in 2008 by Tearing Down Cheney

Obama has been a hypocrite and a liar about "ugly partisanship" from the very beginning:

After decades -- after decades of steady work across the aisle, I know [Joe Biden] he'll be able to help me turn the page on the ugly partisanship in Washington so we can bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda that works for the American people.

And instead of secret energy task forces attacking -- stacked with big oil and a vice president that twists the facts and shuts the American people out, I know that Joe Biden will give us some real straight talk. ...



We know what we're going to get from the other side -- four more years of the same out of touch policies that created an economic disaster at home, a disastrous foreign policy abroad, four more years of the same divisive politics that's all about tearing people down instead of lifting the country up.

We cannot afford more of the same. I am running for president, because that's a future I don't accept for my daughters, and I don't accept it for your children...

... and I don't accept it for the United States of America. It is time for the change that the American people need.

Now with Joe Biden at my side, I am confident we can take this country in a new direction, that we are ready to overcome the adversity of the last eight years, that we won't just win this election in November.

We will restore that fair shot at your dreams that is at the core of who Joe Biden is, and I am, and what America is as a nation.


-- Barack Obama, Springfield, IL, August 23, 2008, here