Monday, January 28, 2019

Trump 4/2011: If there is a shutdown I think it would be a tremendously negative mark on the president of the United States


VIEIRA: So if there were a partial shutdown of the government come Friday, that would be OK with you.
TRUMP: In my opinion--you know, I hear the Democrats are going to be blamed and the Republicans are going to be blamed. I actually think the president would be blamed. If there is a shutdown, and it's not going to be a horrible shutdown because, as you know, things will sort of keep going.
VIEIRA: Well, it's a partial shutdown, right.
TRUMP: But if there is a shutdown I think it would be a tremendously negative mark on the president of the United States. He's the one that has to get people together.
VIEIRA: Right.
TRUMP: I'm a deal man. I've made hundreds and hundreds of deals and transactions. He never did deals before. How can you expect a man that's not a deal man that never did a deal, other than frankly becoming president of the United States, he never did a deal, how's he going to corral all these people to get them to do a deal?
VIEIRA: So how would you do it now? Now you're in the Oval office right now, it's Wednesday.
TRUMP: I would get everybody together and we'd have a budget and it would get done.
VIEIRA: They've all gotten together.
TRUMP: Well, that's because they don't have the right leader. You don't have the right leader. This is the President of the United States has to get this done, and I think he probably will. Now, I don't say "he." But I think he and the group probably will get it done, but it's pretty sad because the whole world is looking at us and laughing at us.

Ha ha.